Securing a Placement | Workshop
This morning’s workshop session focused on Work Placements. In groups, we were to analyse information provided on Unilearn. These useful resources are listed below in the interactive hyperlinks.
As a group we were to determine the key aspects of searching and securing a placement. This was done by creating a presentation that professionally communicates our findings. It was important that when doing this, we focused on:
- Identifying how to find companies interested in taking work placements.
- Considering best ways to contact companies.
- Putting together a portfolio
- Presenting your portfolio
- Obtaining useful feedback
- Following up your first contact
To view our finished presentation, please click Securing a Placement.